Following the Biblical command that we dress properly, we ask that all members and visitors respect and follow ALY’s dress code, which is to ensure proper dress in the Assembly, especially during times of worship. We take the commands of our Heavenly Father seriously, and should act in line with His instructions. Notice the following passages:
Deuteronomy 22:5 A woman shall not wear man's clothing, nor shall a man put on a woman's clothing; for whoever does these things is an abomination to YAHWEH your ELOHIM.
1 Timothy 2:9-10 Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments, but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to good works.
James 2:1-4 My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Master Yahshua Messiah with an attitude of personal favoritism. For if a man comes into your assembly with a gold ring and dressed in fine clothes, and there also comes in a poor man in dirty clothes, and you pay special attention to the one who is wearing the fine clothes, and say, "You sit here in a good place," and you say to the poor man, "You stand over there, or sit down by my footstool," have you not made distinctions among yourselves, and become judges with evil motives?
1 Peter 3:1-5 In the same way, you wives, be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any of them are disobedient to the word, they may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives, as they observe your chaste and respectful behavior. Your adornment must not be merely external--braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of ELOHIM. For in this way in former times the holy women also, who hoped in ELOHIM, used to adorn themselves, being submissive to their own husbands.
DURING TIMES OF WORSHIP:
- Dress Shirts, Collar Shirt, Trouser to match for men and boys.
- Dresses, Skirts, or dress pants/chinos for women and young ladies.
- Ladies must have their heads covered (scarves or hats) and
- Men must keep their heads uncovered, 1 Corinthians 11:5-7.
- If you do not have dress attire for worship, please come in your best, as we are coming before the KING of the Universe.
- During other times at ALY, please avoid immodest dress, including: low neckline, sleeveless, exposed back, skirt above the knees, exposed midriff, tight fitting, shorts, and see-through – these are ABOMINATION!